I have decided on a last-minute trip to Vienna. I will be arriving the evening Sunday August 28th, and leaving mid-morning Thursday September 1st. I've already booked my flight and hotel. I will be traveling solo. This is my first time in Vienna.
I have 3 full days in Vienna (Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday). My interests are art and architecture. I'm a mental health counselor, so the Freud tour is a must. While I am interested in Vienna's music, I'm going during the symphony and opera off-season so I will not be focusing on those this trip. Also the horses for the Spanish Riding School are off elsewhere during my stay, so I will catch them another time. Here is my first draft itinerary.
St Stephan's cathedral - 8am
Hofburg Palace/Imperial Treasury/Butterfly House - 9am to 12:30pm
Context Travel Tour - Intro to 1st district - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Karlskirche - 9am
Belvedere Palace - 10am
Context Travel Tour - Freud - 1pm to 3:30pm
Albertina Museum - 4pm
Vienna State Opera - 6pm
Context Travel Tour - Ringstrasse - 10am to 12:30pm
Schonbrunn Palace - 1:15pm
Leopold Museum - 3:30pm
Prater - 5pm
Kunsthistorisches - 7pm
I would like to see Hunderwasserhaus, but am having trouble trying to fit it into the schedule.
I would love any feedback about its feasibility, order, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 홍보 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 :Kor7m
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 10 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 11 Malaga Christmas lights
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Trans Siberian Train
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Scotland ideas
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 London vacation rental agency
- 18 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 19 South of France
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 22 My France Vacation
- 23 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.