This question relates to a visit from Venice.
I know I can easily get to the two towns above by train.
One question is whether I can see various Palladian villas without a car, or if a car really would be a better idea - and if so, can I do both towns together in a one day trip - the one day I'd have the car. If there is a tour operator in either town that offers short visits to a few villas that may be an option.
A second question would be: if I at least make it to the above towns, via train, will I get a sampling of Palladio without venturing into the countryside. Could I leave the countryside villas for another trip IOW. I know one town has a museum dedicated to him.
I just checked into a car rental and for 24 hours it's 175 bucks through Auto Europe. That is quite steep. I had a car through them in early September for a week for not much more money than that. I haven't checked into train prices to visit both towns but I tend to doubt it will add up to 175 bucks (135E).
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 2 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 3 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 4 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Moscow Hotels
- 16 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Dublin to Donegal
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 22 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 23 Barcelona tour option help please
- 24 New Years in France
- 25 Greece -- Alternative to Athens