My husband and I are heading to Tuscany (via Milan) in early March for our anniversary, and I am in humble need of your advice on where to base ourselves, what to do and where to go. My priorities are to have a romantic trip, while seeing the main sights, visit the best wineries (we like Chianti, Montepulciano and organic/biodynamic wines) and eat great cuisine with the locals. I also am in the technology business, so I must be able to access decent wifi anywhere we stay.
The reason we are not staying in Milan is because shopping and fashion are fun, but not totally our thing.
We are in town for 4 days, 3 nights and our days look like this -
1st night: Arrive to Milano Linate, take TrenItalia to Florence via Milan Garibaldi station. Arrive to Florence at approx. 4pm.
2nd night: OPEN
3rd night: OPEN (should arrive back to Milan by the evening, to check into hotel and depart early for the following day's flight)
4th day: Depart Milano Malpensa 9am back to NYC
Looking forward to all your advice and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self Drive UK tour
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 4 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 7 Rail vs. Plane
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Where to See Flamenco
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 Arezzo - how much time?
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 2 week May trip with kids
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 20 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 24 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 25 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help