Reload this Page >

Very last minute hotel reservations

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2001, 09:07 PM
Toni Thiele

Do to the fact that we go standby on airplanes, it is difficult for us to make concrete hotel reservations. (Maybe we'll get on the plane, maybe we won't.) Therefore, if anyone has had to make day of reservations in airports or train stations, for available rooms in hotels, could you possibly tell about your experiences, give advice, and perhaps recommend a hotel you might have stayed in, say in Florence or Venice? Rates between $75-$125 for a Double Room accommodation is what we can afford.Thanks. Toni

Old May 4th, 2001, 06:30 AM
elvira

Twice I've used the hotel reservation office in train stations; I wasn't impressed with either hotel (in London and Paris: ratty room, bugs, mildewed shower). <BR> <BR>If I had to travel without a reservation, I'd take a list of hotels and their phone numbers with me and drop a few dimes to call those hotels directly when I arrived.

Old May 4th, 2001, 07:27 AM
carol

I've used the tourist offices in Florence, Rome and Venice, but I've always researched hotels before my trip so I went armed with a list of my own preferences. The tourist offices have generally been able to get me a room in one of my choices--I must say that I don't go in high season and that might make a difference--I'm also looking for a single, not a double and that might make a difference too.

Old May 4th, 2001, 08:22 AM
G McKnight

Hotel in Florence. Great little place speak english right down street form dumo. Get room at end of hall. Less noise. very clean priced right. <BR>http://www.hotelcasci.com/ <BR>hotel in Venice Very nice and clean also just a short walk form Accadamia Brige. <BR> <BR>http://www.locandafiorita.com/ <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 4th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Linda

When traveling "sans reservations", I have had fantastic results with tourist office reservation services. For a small fee they've always found me someplace to stay in my price range. The place was always clean--not always large, not always the most convenient, but good value for the money I spent. And sometimes the place was really memorable. Just go to the tourist office straight from the airport. Unfortunately, this will use up a little of your travel time, but it is better than you going from place to place to find something yourself.