So now our travel group is attempting (!!) to put together a Paris itinerary.
We've looked at tours that cover both Versailles and Giverny in one day and prices are outrageously expensive (average USD200 per person).
My question is:
Is it possible to visit both on our own (take a train and self tour) or does it make more sense to take the plunge and book a tour?
Our group is split on this.
My choice is to just take a train to Versailles from Paris and do a self tour -- and skip Giverny altogether.
We are visiting Paris the first week in October (4 days total) so weather-wise I'm not sure Giverny is worth the effort.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 land vs river cruise
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 The World's Greatest Churches
- 4 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 8 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid