Reload this Page >

flights from London to Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 11:38 AM
alice horst

does anyone know about flights from Gatwick to Milan????? I am only finding a VERY ecxpensive one with British Air??? thanks

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 11:47 AM
OO

Ryanair flies London-Milan, but out of Stansted.<BR>www.ryanair.com

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 11:53 AM
Rex

Might be worth your while to look at other London airports. On the website www.go-fly.co.uk you can find flights from 29.00 GBP - - perhaps cheaper on other days (I arbitrarily tried a weekday in February).<BR><BR>And ryanair.com there are fares of 19.99 from STN to Brescia or Genoa - - neither is all that far from Milan. Likewise, service to &quot;Milan&quot; Bergamo starting sometime next year from Luton or Stansted, from as low as 5.99 GBP each way (plus taxes and fees of about 6-12 GBP, each way). Of course, you will need to watch out for the baggage surcharges on Ryanair.<BR><BR>I think you can get ground transportation from Gatwick to either Luton or Stansted, if necessary, for under 20 GBP.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR><BR>

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 12:14 PM
David

Alice <BR><BR>I think the British Airways flights to Milan from LGW go via Manchester which you definitely don't want to do and might explain why they are so expensive. Alitalia flies to Milan from LGW via Rome or Bologna. Go (now Easyjet) flies from Stansted to Milan www.go-fly.com. British Airways, BMI and Alitalia all fly from Heathrow direct to Milan.<BR>

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 12:15 PM
Ben Haines

Dear Ms Horst,<BR><BR>Also Buzz, http://www.buzzaway.com, ++44 870 240 7070, and Go, http://www.go-fly.com, ++44 845 60 54321, fly from Stansted to Milsn. Gatwick to Stansted takes 100 minutes: Thameslink to Farringdon, Metropolitan to Liverpool Street, aned WAGN to Stansted.<BR><BR>Ben Haines<BR>

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 12:26 PM
Rex

At the risk of correcting you, Ben, I don't see any destinations in Italy shown on the www.buzzaway.com web site.<BR>

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 01:07 PM
just because it seems like

reposting here<BR><BR>flight from Gatwick to Milan<BR> <BR>Author: alice horst ([email protected])<BR>Date: 12/01/2002, 04:35 pm<BR><BR>Message: thanks for the info on Ryanair and Easyjst. right now, it looks like I can't book into April with Easyjet at those low prices, but will keep it in mind. thanks <BR>

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 01:11 PM
Ben Haines

For Rex: Thanks. It is high time I checked my Buzz list.<BR><BR>Benn Haines

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 05:16 PM
Rex

You're welcome, Ben. A rare occasion for you to make a slip, and me to know anything about it.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:09 AM
Steve James

Alice - You CAN book on the RyanAir sight for April. I've just looked - there are currently still seats available at &pound;13.99 each way on some flights (from Stansted).<BR>But you'd better book it today!<BR>www.ryanair.com<BR><BR>BA online quote &pound;38 + Tax each way from Heathrow on some dates.<BR>www.ba.com<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve<BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 05:33 AM
up

up, for Alice<BR>