I have booked a 5* hotel in Rome for 3 nights as its my boyfriends 40th birthday. I was thinking about extending the trip (working backwards so we finish in Rome) and perhaps flying into Venice (Milan otherwise) and then going to Florence & then Rome.
The following is what I have in mind.
2 days -Venice
(Catch train to Florence)
(Catch train to Rome)
(Fly back to the UK)
What are your thoughts, is this do-able?
Can anyone suggest any nice hotels in Venice & Florence? (3/4*)
Also, does anyone have an idea on where to go for a really romantic meal in Rome for the actual day of his birthday?
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to See Flamenco
- 2 Rail vs. Plane
- 3 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 4 Arezzo - how much time?
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 2 week May trip with kids
- 8 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 11 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 12 New Years in France
- 13 Easter Week in Italy
- 14 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 15 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 16 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 17 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 18 Which Aran Island??
- 19 Spain or Portugal
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 25 9 day trip to France