I'll be in Europe late July early August for 10 - 14 days, some of which I'll be spending in Paris. I know August is not a great time to spend in Italy. I don't, unfortunately, have other travel date options. Is there any way to blunt the impact of the heat and crowds, such as hotels that will keep me away from most of the crowds, best times to see the Uffizi/Accademia/Sistine Chapel? I'm an early morning person and am happy to be up at, even before, dawn, if that helps.
I can navigate Paris well, but I'm not very experienced when it comes to Italy.
Any advice, suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 8 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 9 Which Area in London?
- 10 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 11 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 16 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 20 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 21 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 22 Transportation in Brittany
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 Trains - website?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!