We have five full days in Italy- air tickets in and out of Rome and cannot be changed.
We're thiking of spending two days in Rome, then we're not sure about the three other days. Should we spend a day in Florence, take the train to Venice and spend the night there, then spend the last night in Bologna?
Or should we use Florence as a base for three nights, then take day trips to Venice, Bologna, and possibly Siena?
Would you save Venice for a nother trip to Northern Italy as it is a little out of the way?
Our flight out of Rome leaves at 15:50 on day number 6. So I think we can actually take the train back to Rome in the morning of our flight out of Rome from either Florence or Bologna.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 2 Family vacation
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Christmas Markets 2017
- 7 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 8 Budget trip
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 11 Driving
- 12 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 13 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 14 Algarve Town Selection
- 15 Tips for first trip to UK
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 Browsing Barcelona
- 18 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 21 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 22 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 23 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
Venice/Bologna as day trips from Florence or should we stay there?