Reload this Page >

Venice With The Kids

Search

Venice With The Kids

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Wendy

Venice With The Kids

We are taking our two children, 10 and 13, to Venice this summer, staying on the Lido. Anybody have any particular recommendations for family-friendly restaurants and out of the ordinary sights? Thanks so much for your help!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 05:13 PM
sandi

I just asked my son, because we took him there in 2000 when he was 12 yrs. I asked him what was the most fun, he said just walking around...he's an explorer, like to check out every alley way. He loved feeding the pigeons in St. Mark's square. We had a very relaxing time, walking and eating and shopping. We took a gondola ride together too. Nothing groundbreaking obviously, but in Venice, EVERYTHING is special even just strolling.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Leslie

We were only in Venice for two days with our kids so I don't know the Lido and we didn't get to Burano or Murano, but I think they will enjoy this.<BR><BR>Also, they liked the Doges Palace, the Bridge of Sighs, glass blowing demonstration (in Venice proper), going to the top of the Campanile in Piazza San Marco, for the view, feeding the pidgeons, the Bascilica San Marco, the Rialto Bridge and all the trinket dealers and shops....also daily doses of gelato.<BR><BR>Here is an article I enjoyed before our trip. This is on the www.about.com travel section (Travel With Kids/Europe With Kids) There area couple of articles on Venice with Kids found there:<BR><BR>http://goeurope.about.com/travel/goe...e/aa062397.htm

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Leslie

We were only in Venice for two days with our kids so I don't know the Lido and we didn't get to Burano or Murano, but I think they will enjoy these places. The water taxis, vaporettos and gondola ride were a big hit.<BR><BR>Also, they liked the Doges Palace, the Bridge of Sighs, glass blowing demonstration (in Venice proper), going to the top of the Campanile in Piazza San Marco, for the view, feeding the pidgeons, the Bascilica San Marco, the Rialto Bridge and all the trinket dealers and shops....also daily doses of gelato.<BR><BR>Here is an article I enjoyed before our trip. This is on the www.about.com travel section (in the subsection called Travel With Kids/Europe With Kids) There area couple of articles on Venice with Kids found there:<BR><BR>http://goeurope.about.com/travel/goe...e/aa062397.htm

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 04:12 PM
deb

We took our two boys when they were 7 & 9. We stayed out on the Lido. They loved Venice, but it was good to go back to the Lido and get away from it all. There is a nice boulevard where everyone walks and hangs out with lots of restaurants. It was very pleasant. We're going back this summer but we've rented an apartment in Venice. The boys (now 10 & 12) are thrilled. Have fun!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:56 AM
jg

Get a copy of th children's book, "Vendela in Venice". We read it while in Venice and my kids (same ages as yours) loved reading about the places they were visiting from Vendela's point of view.