Reload this Page >

venice-where to put your car?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 06:31 PM
pam

When driving from Toscany to Venice, where does one park a car?

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Rex

There are basically three options:<BR><BR>Piazzale Roma - - nearest the train station; I think it is the most expensive, and you can't park a van there.<BR><BR>Trochetto - - an entire island which is nothing other than parking. The first choice for many.<BR><BR>Mestre - - not so bad a choice for a day visit. Some cheaper options. 8 minute ride (or less) by train to the train station in Venice itself.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:32 AM
xxx

Just to add some to the info relayed by Rex, in Piazzale Roma there are actually two garages: the Autorimessa Comunale (the big building on the right just after the bridge) and Garage San Marco (if you turn right just past the Autorimessa, it´s ahead). The former (operated by the Venice's prefecture) is quite cheaper than the latter (private) and fills up fast.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:48 AM
Donna

I parked at the Tronchetto last year. Easy to find, reasonably priced and the boat 'bus' was right there!

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Jim

Depending on your length of stay in Venice, you might want to consider parking across the street from the Mestre station in a guarded parking lot for about $4.00/day and take the train to Venice which runs every 10 min. to the Venice train station. Walk out of the station straight to the Valperotto.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Wayne

I did park a minivan in the garage at Piazzale Roma last summer--not a big cargo van, but the size of a Toyota Sienna or a Dodge Caravan. If you want to arrange parking ahead of time, go to the web site www.urbislimen.it (or maybe it's "net" rather than "it" on the end. One or the other--it has all kinds of info on parking for Venice. I'd also add that if you are going to stay on the Lido, you can take a car ferry from the Tronchetto area to the Lido and keep your car near the hotel.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 01:32 PM
topper

topping<BR>