Venice - Westin Europa and Regina tips?

Old Nov 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice - Westin Europa and Regina tips?

We are staying at the Westin Europa and Regina in Venice soon and would appreciate advice on anyone that has been there -

Which side (Europa or Regina) is preferable? Has one been remodeled recently?

Thanks!

Old Nov 25th, 2006, 10:46 AM

Hope this isn't too late! We just returned a couple of weeks ago from Italy and stayed four nights at the Westin E&R. Fabulous location, beautiful hotel, super staff. If you don't already have a Starwood guest rewards card, do get one, as they may be able to upgrade you in the off-season. We also have a Starwood American Express and that helped too. We were in the "Regina" side, the original Casa Tiepolo, on the fourth floor, with a gorgeous view of the Grand Canal and Santa Maria del Salute. They told us this was the remodeled side. Have a cocktail in the bar and tell Signore Giorgio hello--he was better than a tour guide! Have a great tiem, you're going to love it--we did and I just posted our trip review if you are interested.
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM

Hi Marysmommy, my husband and I are also staying at the Westin Europa & Regina first days of December, we're celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and someone recommended us the Restaurant at the hotel for a romantic and nice dinner. Did you happen to eat there? would you (or anyone else!)also recommend it? so I understand we want to stay at the "Regina" side (my DH is a platinum member with starwood and we're using points, hopefully they'll upgrade us..)
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 09:46 AM

tasiburo - you might want to start a new thread. This one is 3 yrs old.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 10:29 AM

yeah.. I realized that a little bit late..I did start a new one but no replies yet...thanks!