My friend and I are travelling to Italy - first time for me - in the first week of Oct. A 12 day trip. We are flying into Milan, planning to train to Venice for 4 nights, - rent an apt? - then train to Florence, pick up a car and at this point probably travel to Ameglia to a small villa rental we found so that we can use that as a base between Tuscany and CT, for 5 nights, then drop the car maybe in La Spezia and train to Milan for the last night before we fly out at 10 the next morning. Would recommend any thoughts or recommendations. Up for the Venice experience, sadly not going to spend time in Florence this time as my friend was there for a good stay before; in Tuscany, looking to see Lucca, and start researching a nice path through the area for a day trip or two...CT and also portofino...hoping to hire or go by boat to the villages. Won't be doing much hiking as my friend just had surgery on knee. She'll be in good shape, but probably not for any lengthy hikes or walks.
Thanks for any thoughts, the biggest adventure will probably me packing only in a carry-on, but I'm determined.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:844:853:3131 AOL Tec*h care By Yes☎!
- 2 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 3 What did your teenagers love the most of their Italy trip?
- 4 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 5 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 8 Barcelona - Rome Viking Ocean Cruise
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Current plan for March trip
- 11 First time in Spain
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 17 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 20 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 21 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 22 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 23 beware of robbed in Milan
- 24 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!