Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Venice to Verona for a daytrip-feasible and how much?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:54 AM
chris

I know there is a train station on Venice Island that has train service to Verona. Can anyone provide me with a link for the schedules/prices? Is this a feasible daytrip from Venice? I have only a limited time available to me and I'd like to try to see a little of Verona. Thanks.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Sonia

Here you go...<BR><BR>www.tranitalia.com

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:58 AM
sandi

It takes an hour and a half from Venice to Verona...and well worth a day trip or more.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:31 AM
chris

Thanks. Which station do I need in Verona (central location)?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Daniel

Verona Porta Nuova and Venezia Santa Lucia. www.trenitalia.com.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 07:25 AM
tania

The trip is indeed about 90 minutes: it cost us about $20 CDN each, no reservations. On the way in, we left at 10 am, no need for reservations. On the way back, the train was full and we used the pull down seats in the corridor for half the trip. IN retrospect, I would make reservations on this portion since we left Verona at 5:30 pm, rush-hour, LOL...<BR><BR>We got so caught up in the city that we forgot to eat. By three, nothing was open but we found BREK on the Piazza Bra, a decent cafeteria style eatery.<BR><BR>Well-worth the trip.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Rod Hoots

Go to raileurope.com

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Rex

I'll cast the contrarian vote, and recommend that Venice does not make sense as a "base" to day trip anywhere. The pleasure of Venice is Venice, and you pay a premium in high lodging costs to sleep there - - and a moderate hassle cost to get into/on to Venice. It makes little sense to pay those costs to go see somewhere else. Go stay somewhere else to see somewhere else.<BR><BR>And yes, Verona is one of those very worthwhile places to go see.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>