Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Venice: Suggestions needed for Transfer from hotel to airport for an early flight

Search

Venice: Suggestions needed for Transfer from hotel to airport for an early flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

Can you recommend a private water taxi service for a transfer from Ca Angeli hotel to the airport in Venice? We will be 7 people needing transportation from hotel to the airport in venice for a 7 AM flight? I have seen this website http://www.venicewelcome.com. Are they reliable? has anyone used them before? or any other suggestion is greatly appreciated.
thanks..
godin
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:45 PM

Last year a tour guide we hired in Venice, recommended a Water Taxi - Stefano 39-348-395-4091. I had already made arrangements thru my hotel and could not use his services, but he was pretty sharp and speaks good English.
If your hotel is close to Piazza San Marco, please remember that at 5 am there are not too many water taxis available, we did not even see a vaporetto at that time, therefore you must make arrangements way ahead of time. Your hotel can arrange a private water taxi - we paid 204 euro Door to Door. It was worth the money because it was very cold.
Good Luck!
Good Luck!
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:47 PM

we paid 110e from lido to marco polo airport at 4:30 am. it was great but do plan ahead, make a reservation(or ask the hotel to do it) and take a jacket...it will be chilly
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Thank for the info. i will certainly book a private taxi...
godin
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Original Poster

Hello

I just got a response from welcomevenice and they quote 140 Euros form the hotel Ca'angeli to the airport. Departure at 5 AM for a 7 am flight. Is that enough time to get from the hotel to the airport to take the 7 am flight?

Thanks
godin
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 04:28 AM

My guess is that it should take about 30 minutes to get to the airport from your hotel. Once there, the docks are about a 10 minute walk from the terminal. If everything goes perfectly, you should be in the terminal about 5:40 am. You need to decide if that is early enough.
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 06:02 AM

The Venice airport is small. Keep in mind that the airport desks don't open very early. However, even if the desk isn't open, some here have mentioned slow early-morning lines at VCE. Check with your airline.