Search

Venice restaurant/ airport question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice restaurant/ airport question

Two quick questions folks:

1) Does anyone know any good CHEAP (relatively) restaurants in Venice for a family? Cusine not imp. Somewhere you can get away for $15-20 a person w/o alcohol?

2) What is the cheapest way to transfer from a cruise ship to the airport in Venice? We are taking a Royal Carribean cruise.

Thanks!!!!
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:23 AM

1. Doesn't exist. Unfortunately, good and cheap are two words one can never use in the same sentence when describing food experiences in Venice (unless you're willing to settle for a slice of pizza). Of all the restaurants on my favorites list, none offer a meal on a table covered with a tablecloth for under $20 per person. For $20, you may have to settle for a tourist-only establishment, a <i>tavola calda</i>, or a single plate of something. (Italian restaurant owners don't like it if you order only one item, unless you dine at a tourist-only establishment.)

2. You can walk to Piazzale Roma from the cruise ship and from there take a local public bus to the airport (maybe $2). There is no cheaper form of transport. There will be plenty of people available to give you specific directions on how you accomplish this. I've never taken the bus to the airport but I know people who have.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:39 AM

Agree about the food. But you might try a few small plates at one of the bars--if you do not mind standing you can get an excellent meal that way if you select the right place..
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:56 AM

Check out Ae Oche - http://www.aeoche.com/index_flash.htm

They have good pizza and daily specials for 10 euro.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM

You said any cuisine? La Perla d'Oriente is my favorite Chinese restaurant in Venice and you might be able to stay within budget if you share. They have outdoor seating in the fabulous Campo dei Frari so people watching can be fun. I mention it in the foodie post I wrote for Travelers To Go (which on Yuku is known as Europe To Go. Don't ask.)
http://europetogo.yuku.com/topic/213...CE.html?page=1