Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We offer fresh cut bank instruments for lease and sales
- 2 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 3 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 4 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 5 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 6 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 7 Help with Venice Trip?
- 8 Dubrovnik
- 9 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 10 Norte Dame light show!
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 13 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 14 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 10 Days in Austria
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Greece in end October
- 20 Champagne Tours
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 23 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Le Marche Research Help