Venice-No.12 vaporetto to Burano etc.

Feb 23rd, 2001, 02:35 PM
wendy

Venice-No.12 vaporetto to Burano etc.

We are in Venice for the first time only staying two nights but wanted to venture onto the lagoon for a different perspective.
Were thinking of catching the No 12 for a quick view of Murano, Burano etc.
Can you just sit on the vaporetto and do a round trip? Is it worth the time when you've only got one whole day to see Venice? Thanks.

Feb 23rd, 2001, 05:59 PM
Paule

In the time that you have, I'd think taking the vaporetto down the Grand Canal would be a much better way to experience the feeling of being on water.

The trip to Murano is a brief ride, but continuing on to Burano is at least 45 minutes. And to take the trip all that way and not get off to see Burano would be a complete waste of time.

There is so much to experience Venice in that short period of time; don't try to push it too much.

Feb 24th, 2001, 02:11 AM
Steve James

Hello Wendy,

I agree with Paule, - you can't do it all!
Burano itself is worth a day, - don't bother if you don't have time to get off..

Feb 24th, 2001, 01:09 PM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Wendy with the purchase of an all day ticket on ACTV
would be able to stay on any vaporetto
you wish all day long. Richard of La Grange Park, Il...
www.actv.it/ingelse/preservizi.htm/

Feb 24th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Patrick

I'm not sure that I'd recommend this for such a short stay in Venice, but we used our pass to go early in the morning to Murano, walk around a couple of hours, see glass blowing, look at a bunch of shops, have coffee, then move on to Burano where we walked around a lot, had a great lunch, then took another boat down to Lido where we walked along the beach having drinks at one of the big hotels, and then another boat back to San Marco before sunset. It was a very full, but rewarding day, and when we were done we felt we had seen all we wanted to see of all three places, plus we had a great boat ride through the lagoons.