Reload this Page >

Venice Monte Carlo Hotel or Savoia & Jolanda

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Harriette

We will spend 3 nights in May prior to a cruise--our 1st time in Italy--which hotel is preferred? Also what are usual charges from airport by water taxi to San Marco district. Want to spend $200 or less on hotel.Has anyone ever used services of Venicerentals.com for an apartment rental as opposed to hotel?

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 04:16 PM
rb

Our family stayed at the Savoia & Jolanda last April. The location was great, right near St. Marks square on Riva Schiavone- It is a busy area but the hotel was quiet. Our room was small but immaculate-no view- but the bathroom was beautiful. Breakfast was fairly good, too. The hotel is also a few steps away from the vaparetto stop which was great because we came from the train station and did not have far to go with luggage. Have a great time. Venice is magnificent.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:55 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Dianne

Savoia y Jolanda has gone to 4 stars in 2002. I'm not sure you can get a room for under $200 now during May. Check out their website.<BR>http://www.hotelsavoiajolanda.com/

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Dianne

Savoia y Jolanda has gone to 4 stars in 2002. I'm not sure you can get a room for under $200 now during May. Check out their website.<BR>http://www.hotelsavoiajolanda.com/

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Laura

Just checked their rates today (which will most likely go up by next May), and "standard" double rooms start at 300Euro, with jr suites (the ones where you can see water) starting at 499Euro. Times are a changin'.....

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 02:37 AM
rb

My family stayed at the Savoia two years ago and it was very convenient. I agree with other poster...room was small but immaculate and bathroom was excellent...however, I thought the breakfast was "so-so".

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 07:14 AM
anna

We will be leaving for venice in 1 week. We are stayng at Monte Carlo for $159. I found such a deal on hotel discounters. <BR>