Venice lodging.....terrace apartment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would like a nice apartment in Venice with a terrace or balcony and, of course, a great view, like everyone else desires. We will be in Venice Sept. 12--15th, 2009. Any suggestions, advice, leads are most appreciated. Thank you.

Tom and Trishia
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 07:43 AM

I have stayed at this apartment several times and love it. It has a small balcony with a view of a large private garden.

http://www.palazzofoscarini.com/pf/en/
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Any ideas on your budget? That always narrows it down when speaking of Venice. I have used this site before though with many positive results and found they offer a little something for everyone. http://www.italiancollection.com/en/venice/hotels.html

They have A LOT in Venice so it's good to check out, as well as places like Venere.com....anyway, happy hunting!
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 11:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi tpeterman,

have a look at some of the agencies featured on Slowtravel.com. some of them allow you to select by feaure such as a terrace.

regards, ann
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:58 PM

You might try the garden apartment here:
http://realvenicevacationflats.com/

It is ground floor, looking onto a nice, very private courtyard.
We stayed in the second floor apartment for nine weeks at Christmas - loved it.
Owner is in San Francisco, and she is good to deal with.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 07:03 AM

I think Ann meant to post the link to slowtrav.com.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks, zoecat. my mistake shows how often i go there, doesn't it!
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Original Poster

THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU, FOR YOUR THOUGHTFUL SUGGESTIONS. And thank you for taking the time to help us out. Peace to you.

Tom and Trishia
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 03:53 AM

Tom/Trisha, hope you don't mind me piggybacking but I am looking for something very similar, just for 2 of us.

We've always stayed at a hotel (La Calcina) before, for a week at a time, and will do again in 2010, But in 2011 we are hoping to go for 2 weeks (in June) & am thinking we might save money by renting an apartment : so ideally around €100-150pn. Would want it to still be nice, though. and I absolutely must have somewhere to sit outside as we live in Scotland and can't do it here ! Dorsoduro is our preferred location.

Zoecat, the apartment you recommend looks very nice but the blacony looks very small and there's no photo showing chairs on it, just a table - does it have room for 2 chairs as well and there there suitable chairs ?

Dobermina, is that the link you meant to post ? That site only has 1 apartment - or rather 1 set, the ones owned by La Calcina, and I don't think any of them have a balcony or terrace.

Peter, the house you recommend also sounds very promising. I'm just slightly concerned that the website says the garden flat floods every winter, so wonder if it might be fusty - since you went in winter I don't suppose you saw inside it ?

Thanks very much.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 05:07 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Dobermina is advertising a friend's website.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 06:37 AM

Caroline,

The aparment has a small table and 2 chairs on the balcony. The balcony is small- just enough room to sit.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 07:24 AM

uhm try to look this http://www.italyrents.com/eng/apartm...e/lepa_01.html
a friend of mine told me that it's good but I never went here. check some reviews if you need more information from people who was here!
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 08:29 AM

Stayed here last May--http://www.cortetiepolo.com/eng/appart.php

the apartment for two is right on grand canal and has a water dock to sit out on...really great location.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Caroline, we did see inside the ground floor apartment - it was pretty damp - but then, there was a deal of flooding in Venice in December '08. It did smell a bit damp, but might be OK in Summer. The garden is nice.

We had the second floor apartment, and really loved it. The terrace is big, has an umbrella, table and chairs, and is quite private. And it has a view of the campanile of the Carmini and overlooks both the garden below and the gardens next door. We found it comfortable, and will stay there again in December '10. It has air conditioning, and the kitchen works well.

My trip report is here:
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...st-verbose.cfm
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 04:22 AM

Gosh, thanks very much for all those quick replies and useful info. I will check out those other apartments.

Peter, I have started reading your trip report and am enjoying it very much - it is very well written and *very* funny ! I have only just started looking but 'your' apartment is definitely a strong contender.
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM

http://www.vrbo.com/151184

Terrace apt. near St. Mark's Square. I haven't stayed at any of their apt's (owner Brittany is a decorator...which is quite obvious from the gorgeous decor). She owns 3 or 4 other properties in Venice also.

We emailed several times when we went to Italy this past October, but ended up not going to Venice. She was very prompt and professional in responding.

Buon viaggio.
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 02:24 AM

Caroline - We stayed at this apartment and very much enjoyed it. Close to St. Marks but away from the crowds - with a small balcony. http://www.rosadivenezia.com/en/index.htm
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 05:10 AM

Thanks very much for both those additional responses. Both apartments look lovely but we wouldn't want to stay anywhere near St Mark's - however I'm sure your recommendations will be useful to others picking up on this thread as I have. Travelfan1, that's the aprtment which is Franco's favourite, isn't it ?

Ideally I suppose I'd like to stay in an apartment in the same block as our usual hotel, so we're near our favourite ice cream shop, wine shop, etc