Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Venice hotels - Rialto, Ala, San Moise, ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:16 PM
rex

Staying three nights in Venice mid May. Still available are rooms at Rialto, Ala, San Moise and Palazzo Bembo. Would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience at these hotels.<BR><BR>PS Flora, Locanda Sturion, Leon Bianca and Giorgione are full when we are there.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Kay

Try the Hotel Galleria. Stayed there a few weeks ago, great place, right on the Grand Canal near the Accademia vaporetto stop. They only have 10 rooms so may be full but worth a try.<BR>Kay

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 10:08 PM
andy

Rex- stayed at the Ala years ago--has a vaporetto stop right in front of hotel-very convenient-- also convenient if you want to go to the Peggy Gugenheim Home (which is a FABULOUS home turned into Museum filled with contemporary art)...Hotel was fine-not luxurious but ok...I think some other people on this board have stayed there recently and said it was remodeled...but the bedrooms were big....

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 04:00 AM
kavey

Recently stayed at pleasant 3 star Violino d'Oro on S Moise in S Marco area.<BR><BR>Close to S Marco and Valleresso stops, and only 5 or so mins walk to Giglio stop, maybe 8 mins walk to Accademia.<BR><BR>Small but pretty rooms, comfy beds, very helpful staff.<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 04:22 AM
Ruth

We stayed at the San Moise in November 2000. The upgraded rooms and especially<BR>the 2 large rooms with canal views are very nice (can't remember our romm numbers). The standard rooms with bath are VERY tiny (our friends had one)and up many stairs. Staff was nice, breakfast nice, great location. I would stay again, but only in an upgraded room . Venetian glass chandeliers in rooms, antiques. Really quite lovely.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Nancy

Rex, stayed at the Rialto last year, it was being renovated and it should be finished by now. We had a room on the canal with a little balcony, very large room with four full length windows. Tiny problem with the noise from vap. stop outside if you are a light sleeper but we have learned to always take ear plugs. It was wonderful to sit for cocktails and sunset in our window with our little table. Also have stayed at the Ala on a side canal, had the corner room and it was very nice also. Great breakfast layout.<BR>But you can't beat the Grande Canal in my opinion.