Reload this Page >

Venice Hotels near San Marco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2000, 07:45 PM
Audrey

<BR>Need any suggestion on moderate priced clean hotel near San Marco. 8 traveling in 7/2001.

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 08:38 AM
Carol

Audrey: <BR> <BR>Try the Hotel Flora - www.hotelflora.it. Didn't stay there, but peeked in and it looked small and charming. Very close to San Marco. <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 09:52 PM
Rumiko

Audrey: <BR> <BR>As Venice is a small place, I'd suggest one of the other districts, specially the area called 'Dorsoduro'. It's an easy walk or vaporetto ride to San Marco & a bit quieter and less frenetic. <BR> <BR>In this area, there are several good hotels: <BR> - Pension Accademia (close to Accademia Bridge, on which you can cross over to the San Marco district); however, i think this place's popularity has caused the price to creep upward. <BR> - Pension Calcina; and next door is <BR> - Pension Seguso <BR> - Agli Alboretti <BR> <BR>At each of the trio listed above, a double should run around 220,000 lire (varies per season/room size) --- right now that's about $105 per night.

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 11:11 PM
Holly

I highly recommend the Hotel Commercio & Pellegrino at: <BR>http://www.commerciopellegrino.com <BR> <BR>Post again here if you need details after looking at the website.

Old Dec 23rd, 2000, 08:54 AM
Venezia

I recommend both the Hotel Flora and Accademia as well as La Fenice des Artistes, which has a fine restaurant as well. If you pick the Flora, a wonderful restaurant — La Caravella — is nearby.

Old Dec 23rd, 2000, 10:45 AM
Maira

I stayed at the Albergo Paganelli and recommend it. This hotel is located 2 blocks from San Marco near the waterfront and Doge's Palace, San Zaccaria vaparetto stop. It does have the old Venice ambience, you have to ask for a room with a view (con vista). Our room was very clean, small but with beautiful furniture. It works best if you call them and then fax them the info. We were there in 1994 and we got an $85/double. However, a friend living in Italy made the reservations for us, and he might have gotten a better deal. Some of rooms are certainly more up-to-date than the others, with full air-conditioning and new bathrooms. In July make sure your room have A/C. Trust me on this one. <BR> <BR>Albergo Paganelli <BR>Riva degli Schiavaoni #4182 <BR>Castello. 30122 Venezia <BR>tel: 041-522-4324 <BR>Fax: 041-523-9267 <BR>e-mail: [email protected] <BR> <BR>I found some pictures posted by a fellow traveler who stayed at the Paganelli. <BR>http://members.aol.com/tercreaders/Page7072.html <BR> <BR>Venice is pure magic, probably much more enjoyable in a less busy month. Hope you enjoy it plenty!

Old Dec 23rd, 2000, 03:59 PM
Susan

H Audrey, <BR>Don't know what is "moderate" for you, but I just booked my room at the Accademia and it's $200 a night. Couldn't resist as it's supposed to be so incredible. My sister and I also stayed at the Paganelli in Venice 2 years ago and loved it! It's 5 minutes from San Marco, reasonable, and charming.

Old Dec 24th, 2000, 06:27 AM
jane

Visited Venice last summer and also thought that the Hotel Flora looked like a lovely place to stay. Also, I would suggest you try the Metropole. Probably a little more than Flora but reasonable in terms of Venice prices. It is a good location, very close to San Marco but further down Riva Schiavnoli(sp?) so that the setting is a little more peaceful.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 05:10 PM
Deloris

San Marco is an easy walk from the entire island! Check with your airline and maybe get a "package rate". The Danieli $$$$$$$, Bauer Grunwald$$$$$$$, and Fenice$$$$$ are all a few minutes. <BR>time of year and package deals are the ticket. You will be out and about, not admiring your room! Enjoy!

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 04:07 AM
Maira

To the top for the traveler looking for hotel recs in Venice. <BR> <BR>Obviously, back in Dec 2000, when I originally posted, I had better details.... Enjoy Venice, it's a magical city. I'm going back in Nov and can't wait!