Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Venice Hotels (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/venice-hotels-222009/)

Rick May 17th, 2002 07:06 PM

Venice Hotels

<BR>Can anyone provide feedback/recommendations on the following:<BR><BR>Hotel Bisanzio<BR>Locanda Art Deco<BR>Hotel Galleria<BR>Pensione La Calcina<BR><BR>Looking for a ** or *** in the $100 to 130 range in aug, if possible. Welcome other options.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Rick

Nicole May 17th, 2002 07:27 PM

Sorry, have not stayed at any of those, but really love the Hotel ALA. It was about a 5 min walk to St. Marks, and had a really good breakfast. We paid about 110 USD in October, but that may vary with season. www.hotelala.it<BR><BR>Enjoy!!

elaine May 18th, 2002 05:42 AM

Hi Rick<BR>Do a search on each of those hotels on this message board. Each has been praised many times. However, each also books up months in advance so don't wait any longer to book. They are small hotels.<BR><BR>I have not stayed at the hotels, but based on what I've read I would pick the Art Deco or the Bisanzio for their locations.<BR><BR>Regarding the Galleria, I understand that some of their rooms have views of the Grand Canal, but some people feel that those rooms can also be noisy.<BR><BR>good luck

John May 18th, 2002 09:08 AM

Hi Rick,<BR><BR>Can't comment on the others, but the Locando Art Deco was super - great location, very nice rooms and super owner full of local knowledge (she spent part of her childhood in U.S.).<BR><BR>Have fun

kiki May 18th, 2002 10:48 AM

Hi Rick,<BR><BR>I got back last month and stayed at Locanda Barbarigo - around $130 per room. It is a palazzo that was renovated last year, so it is very nice. I posted a Venice travelogue with great tips; just enter Kiki into the thread if interested. Have a great time!

Rick May 19th, 2002 07:08 AM

Thanks for all the info so far - I'm doing more research now. Any more feedback before I firm up my reservations?

Karen May 19th, 2002 07:42 AM

My daughters and I enjoyed Locanda Art Deco during our visit in Venice. I have been recommending this hotel to my friends and will stay there again.

kavey May 19th, 2002 07:49 AM

Rick<BR>Don't know the ones you mentioned but we enjoyed our stay in the Violino D'Oro over Easter.<BR><BR>We were upgraded to a canal view room, and I believe it normally sells in high season for 170 Euros - room 103.<BR><BR>I have photos if you want, and more details.<BR><BR>We LOVED the location and decor, and the fact the whole hotel was non smoking throughout.<BR><BR>Kavey

Kay May 19th, 2002 04:23 PM

Rick,<BR>we stayed at the Hotel Galleria over Easter for 6 nights. We had a room with a view of the Grand Canal and loved it. It wasn't noisy. I think any rooms overlooking the bridge may be a little noisy as there is a bar on that side. Breakfast was delivered each morning to your room. Bathroom was newish and very clean. It's about 2 min walk from the Accademia vaporetto stop. We'd stay there again. They have only 10 rooms and it's a popular place so I'd book quickly.<BR>Kay

Susan Jun 7th, 2002 03:59 PM

Have stayed at Pensione La Calcina twice. Loved the place! Depending on view or no view, double or single, it's near your price range. Lovely 3-star with great atmosphere and good location.

Anna Jun 8th, 2002 02:24 PM

Just stayed at the Hotel Galleria at the end of May. My husband and I had a double room with bath that had a window over the Grand Canal. The room was very clean and the included breakfast was nice. Our room was long and narrow (less than 6 feet wide), but suited us fine. We liked the location and would definitely stay there again. The hotel itself isn't noisy, but the passing boats can be. You won't find a less expensive room on the Grand Canal. There is a good pizzeria at the base of the Accademia bridge too.

xxx Jun 8th, 2002 03:58 PM

We stayed at the Bisanzio last August and we found it a decent hotel for the money. The location is perfect to San Marco Sq. and the waterbus stops. They also have private mooring for taxis, the staff we're very helpful.

sandi Jun 8th, 2002 05:08 PM

Look at Locando leon bianco. About $150. for 3 so it'd be less for 2. It's on the Grand Canal.

Tracy Jun 9th, 2002 08:01 AM

Does anyone have an e-mail address or website for the Hotel Art Deco in Venice? I can't find it. Also, the Galleria. Thanks!

Sue Jun 9th, 2002 09:16 AM

Check their websites:<BR><BR>http://www.locandaartdeco.com/<BR>http://www.hotelgalleria.it/presentazionebri.htm

Sherri Kardell Jun 9th, 2002 01:54 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw the Art Deco on charmingvenice.com under 3 stat hotels. Good luck.

Bob Jun 9th, 2002 03:16 PM

Hi, Rick!<BR><BR>My wife and I just got back & stayed at Hotel Riva. Our rate was E110 per nite.<BR><BR>We loved the place and location. A few minutes walk from St. Marks. Situated where 3 small canals intersect. So you see gondolas & here music & accordions, etc. during the evening. <BR><BR>The hosts were quite warm. <BR><BR>Situated in Castello section but is actually right next to St. Marks. <BR><BR>Again, convenient to many things.<BR><BR>I got it thru www.guestinitaly.com. Slight fee plus you send 1 nite deposit to Hotel Riva. No problems. <BR><BR>Here's some info on contacting them directly. They have no website.<BR><BR>Ponte dell Angelo 531<BR>Castello<BR>Phone: 39 04152270349<BR>Fax: 041 528.5551<BR><BR>Hope this is helpful.<BR><BR>Have fun whatever you decide. Venice is awesome!<BR><BR>Bob

Jayne Jun 10th, 2002 06:29 AM

Dont suppose anyone stayed at the Capri?

Karen Jun 12th, 2002 07:46 AM

Can't comment on the hotels listed but I've recently returned from 5 nights in Venice staying at the hotel Antico Capon (located in Campo Santa Margarita (very central)-great budget accommodation, double with bath from 88euros (about $80?)and double with shared bathroom from 67euros. The owners speak English and are really helpful and the place is very easy to get to - about a 5 minute walk from vaporetto stop Ca'Rezzonica. Campo Santa Margarita is lively and full of excellent bars, cafes and icecream parlours! If you do stay there, please give my regards to Guiseppe. email address is [email protected]

Jayne Jun 18th, 2002 08:04 AM

OK back from the Hotel Capri- ITS EXCELLENTvalue for money air con. 4 mins walk from train and bus station. just of grand canal. No lugging cases on waterbuses or worse expensive taxis. Staff really frendly- buy your 3 day water bus pass get on before the crowds sit back relax as you travel to StMarks etc. Worth it for the seat on the back!