I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy real passports, driving licences,(Whatsapp:....+14086864759)
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 New Years in France
- 4 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 5 Barcelona tour option help please
- 6 2 week May trip with kids
- 7 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 8 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 9 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 10 Easter Week in Italy
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Airport Transfer
- 13 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 14 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 15 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 16 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 17 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 18 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 19 Which Aran Island??
- 20 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 21 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 22 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 23 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 24 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 25 Moscow Hotels