We've been to Venice before but it's been several years.
I'm thinking of changing our existing hotel reservation because the hotel does not have AC and because of health issues, I'm afraid - even in October, we'll need at least the option of AC.
I found a hotel on Expedia - The SANT'ELENA HOTEL (actually a Best Western hotel which would not be my first choice) - looks lovely, gets great reviews on tripadvisor and has rooms for a little over $200/night.
However, this hotel is in Castello - towards the "tip" - about .5 miles from San Marco - not a very central location.
We don't mind walking - but is this really out of the way when it comes to dinners, strolling at night, etc.
I may be overthinking this, but any help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 2 Best Greek Island
- 3 5 days in Andalusia
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 6 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 7 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 8 Noxor Platinum Edition
- 9 Sifnos and...Paros? Last minute help
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 12 Driving
- 13 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 14 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 15 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 16 Change of resident
- 17 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 18 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 19 The World's Greatest Churches
- 20 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 21 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 22 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 23 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018