Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Venice - Charming, Reasonably Priced Inns? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/venice-charming-reasonably-priced-inns-523295/)

olsenamo Apr 22nd, 2005 08:08 AM

Venice - Charming, Reasonably Priced Inns?

My husband and I will be in Venice for two nights, May 8th-10th. We are looking for a small, charming inn/B&B to stay at that is reasonably priced (we love little places with a few simple and clean rooms, and personalized attention). Does anyone have any suggestions? Most of the places that I have looked at are about 150 Euros/night, and I was looking for something between 90-130 Euros. Any recommendations?

zootsi Apr 22nd, 2005 08:20 AM

Check out the Galleria - a tiny, charming hotel right on the grand canal that brings breakfast up to your room. Great location, just a few steps from the Academia vaporetto stop. The rooms are small but clean and have private baths. We paid about $85 Euro a few years ago.

olsenamo Apr 22nd, 2005 08:48 AM

It sounds wonderful. Do you have a website or email address for them? I just did a general Internet search and was not able to find one. Thanks again!

kbrennan Apr 22nd, 2005 08:50 AM

I love staying at the Galleria. It is like staying in an old Venetian palace - I suppose it used to be one. Once we had the teeny teeny room - but we really liked it because it had its own bathroom and one of the best views of the Grand Canal! Another time we stayed in the triple room and it was very very large by European hotel standards. Of course, since the place is hundreds of years old, some of the wood floors slant a little, but that adds to the charm. Stephen likes to be paid in cash, but that's no big deal because the ATM is right outside the hotel.

kbrennan Apr 22nd, 2005 08:52 AM

www.hotelgalleria.it

olsenamo Apr 22nd, 2005 09:15 AM

Darn, the Hotel Galleria only has one room left without a private bathroom (and we don't want to have to share a bathroom). Any other great suggestions?

MFNYC Apr 22nd, 2005 09:21 AM

I just plugged those dates in venere.com and sorted it on price, and some 2 and 3* hotesl did show up win your range that appear to have favorable comments. As long as the hotel is in Venice proper, the location will be fine.

Eloise Apr 22nd, 2005 09:25 AM

You might try

www.alcampaniel.com

It would also satisfy your requirements, but because its rates are so very reasonable, it may no longer have availability in May.

MyriamC Apr 22nd, 2005 10:04 AM

We were very pleased with Locanda Ca' Le Vele. It's an ancient small palazzo with only 6 rooms. Perfect (personalized) service.
www.locandalevele.com

BowenLinda Apr 22nd, 2005 10:13 AM

Olsenamo, a friend and I shared a room at the Hotel Galleria, with bathroom down the hall. We never had to wait to use the facilities. You might want to check with the Galleria re how many rooms share the bathroom - I don't think it is more than 2 or 3.