Venice apartment - Rosa di Venezia

Feb 24th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Original Poster

Venice apartment - Rosa di Venezia

Hi Everyone

I have the chance to go to Venice this year and was thinking of La Rosa di Venezia. I've had this place bookmarked for years! I know that it had a lot of info here in the past, but was wondering whether anyone had stayed there recently?

I've been looking around and there seems to have been a lot of modern renovation in Venice apartments over the last few years -is La Rosa still a good choice for facilities and location?

Thanks so much.
Feb 24th, 2015, 09:42 PM

Hi sorayasea
We stayed in Rosa di Venezia two years ago (see our trip report) and just loved it!
The agent who met us and took us to the apartment was so helpful, and the location couldn't have suited us better. Di
Feb 25th, 2015, 12:28 AM

"I've been looking around and there seems to have been a lot of modern renovation in Venice apartments over the last few years"

Not sure how to respond to that. Venice changes constantly. What is your definition of "modern" renovation? Bathroom plumbing has been available for many decades.

"is La Rosa still a good choice for facilities and location?"

The correct answer depends on personal taste. They could sure use a more modern website design. The location is congested and can sound it. The streets are dark and narrow, the buildings are tightly crammed. The street feel is claustrophobic, in a classic Venetian way. And you have tourists taking flash photos of the Bridge of Sighs at all hours. But once you enter Piazza San Marco, there's light and air.

If you don't mind being so close to Piazza San Marco and the downside of residing in that neighborhood, you should be happy with this apartment.
Feb 25th, 2015, 01:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

'The location is congested and can sound it. The streets are dark and narrow, the buildings are tightly crammed. The street feel is claustrophobic, in a classic Venetian way.'

I love that description! The flash photos less so!

Bathrooms are always good By modern this is what I meant: When I started looking at Venice 10yrs ago, most of the apartments in the price range I was looking at were quite traditional in furniture - dark wood style. Now I see a lot of changes, modern renovations esp in kitchens and bathrooms. light wood, shiny white kitchens, new bathrooms with separate enclosed shower cubicles rather than over the bath or handheld showers.

I was just wondering whether people felt Rosa now needed freshening up compared with other apartments in the same price bracket. For me, part of the appeal was the antique furniture - but I'm a big lover of shiny bathrooms!

Di - I don't know why I never saw your trip report - thank you, am off for a read.
Feb 25th, 2015, 09:17 PM

I don't recall ever seeing a flash from Bridge of Sighs - it is around a curve in the canal and isn't really visible from the windows of that apartment!

We did love the gondola riders passing beneath our windows, often being serenaded by the gondolier.

The apartment is modern in some aspects, with traditional touches. The bathroom has a shower over the bath; all is perfectly clean . . . and I'm another who can spot a speck of bathroom mold at ten paces!!!

We enjoyed living among the narrow streets; there was no noise late at night, and a large supermarket close by was great for all our food needs. We never felt uncomfortable walking around at night - it was lovely to be in that popular area after the large crowds had left for the day. Di