Reload this Page >

Venice apartment location and reliable rental agency

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Joanne

Looking for apartment for 3 night stay.Offered apartments from venicerentals and wondering if anyone has had good experience? If so,what which appartment location do you recommend.I'd seen several possible posts about this agency but then saw post suggesting that the positive posts may have come from someone associatedd with agency so now not sure.Suggestions?Thanks.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 04:46 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>Venicerentals/venice rentals has certanly been often praised here, I'd be disappointed to learn that all the posts were bogus<BR>rentvillas.com also has properties in Venice but I've not read any opinions. My reliable book "Cheap Sleeps in Italy"<BR>(I've used the author's books in several cities and countries)mentions and praises<BR>House Deal Consulting tel 041 520 9352, fax 041 528 9671. My book says they don't accept credit cards; that may have changed.<BR>You might want to use them if nothing else to compare pricing with venicerentals.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Statia

We are also thinking of going with Venice Rentals for our trip next summer. I've been in touch with Denise, with VR, and she's been wonderful to work with by email. I've also seen nice posts on this forum for the company. They didn't seem to be bogus, but I guess you never know.<BR><BR>If you go with them Joanne, please report back and let us know how it worked out.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:27 AM
elaine

topping

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Mary

Last year we stayed in venice in an apartment in Dorsoduro. We organised the rental direct with the owner, Lamberto Deho. He is a delight and speaks good English and was very prompt at getting back to us. The apartment was terrific, in a very quiet area, just behind the Guggenheim Museum. You can look at the apartment at www.world-world.com/properties/it-foscarini.htm.<BR><BR>The bed looks very small in the photo but is a queen size.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:32 PM
dean

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/index.cfm/property/1447<BR><BR>the above is the url for an appartment offered in the Rialto. It is one bedroom with an old fold out sofa int he living room. Very nice once you figure out the hot water. Small kitchen corner with ok cooking equipment. Right outside the fish market and the veg market.<BR><BR>Paola is the owner and she also represents several other apartments. Very nice people.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Joanne

Thanks for all your help. Wayne,apartment is booked but I'll write to Paola to see if she might have something else.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:20 AM
Theresa

I can vouch for venice rentals! <BR>Definitely not bogus!<BR><BR> he owners are a very nice couple and have many apartments to rent in all price ranges.<BR>I have stayed twice with them in the same apartment near S. Stae boat stop. Once with my friend Angela and secondly my friend Kris. <BR><BR>I will tell you that initially a few years ago, Denise sent me a huge list of past clients all ready to speak about her company and service.<BR>My husband and I think they are wonderful people and their service is even better. If you try them, you will see for yourselves. I have read about a past client, Barrie Kerper, that stayed with Venice Rentals, then wrote about them in her Collected Travel Series. I bought it from Amazon and she did praise quite highly the company as well.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Statia

Theresa:<BR><BR>Can you tell me specifically which apartment you stayed in and how you liked it?

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Patrick

Are all these places being mentioned available for 3 night rentals? I've seldom known any decent deals for less than a week. Why would a good apartment be available for just a few nights when the demand is usually there for week long rentals?

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Statia

Patrick,<BR><BR>Yes, most of the agencies I've researched offer three nights or more. Of course, the longer you stay, the less the rental rate.<BR><BR>We have settled on a lovely little flat in Florence for 95 Euro per night, and another in Venice for 120 Euro per night (each for five nights). Comparable to the prices I checked for most decent hotels, and the apartments have A/C and washing machines, along with all the other &quot;extras&quot; that will make our stay more comfortable and less expensive.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 10:36 AM
Debbie

I stayed in Dorsodura for Christmas. Great location near Ca'Rezzonica vaporetto stop and very charming. Even on the ground floor, with a small canal alongside the buiding it was very warm and cozy. Great osteria next door that has only a handful of tables. I rented from Papavero Rentals www.papaverorentals.com Although Ca Barnaba doesn't rent for less than a week, there are other apartments that do that look pretty nice.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 12:55 PM
Tess

&gt;<BR><BR>http://www.boutiquehotelsvenice.com/apartments.htm<BR><BR>Per another poster from last year, they used above website and rented a 2-bdrm in Castello district. I'll dig thru my notes and try to reference that thread.<BR>

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 12:57 PM
Tess

For a change, the search function is working and so I was able to locate that thread from where I obtained website.<BR>&quot;Accomadations in Venice&quot;<BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=1345659&amp;numrespon ses=3&amp;start=0&amp;searchText=http%3A%2F%2Fwww. boutiquehotelsvenice.com<BR>