venice airport question

Nov 13th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

venice airport question

We are flying home from Venice(Marco Polo) and our flight leaves at 7:30 a.m. Everything I have read tells me that getting to the airport early enough for check in will be difficult. Would it be smarter to just make it a late night and go to the airport around 2 a.m.. If not, what are my options?
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:22 AM

Do what we did - take a water taxi. It's not cheap (about 90 euro), but definitely stress-free. And it was a pretty cool way to say good-bye to Bella Venezia.
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:44 AM

I may be wrong but isn't the airport closed during the night from around mid-night (obviously after the last arrival & departure, till say 4 or 5 o'clock?
Nov 13th, 2006, 10:56 AM

Or you can spend your last nighta the Courtyard by Marriott at the airport.
Nov 13th, 2006, 11:09 AM

Hi Kamirob, I agree with hazel1, take the water taxi, much less stressful. The airport really isn't open in the middle of the night. Just be sure the taxi company knows exactly where you are located! My hubby and I were very happy we did this and didn't stress ourselves out at 5 am in the morning! The airport is pretty easy to navigate but they do have quite a few flights taking off first thing in the morning. Have a wonderful time in Venice, we just loved it! Shirley
Nov 14th, 2006, 11:14 AM

What time of year are you traveling? We always do the water taxi, however we have found that during foggy times the boats can't run and we still end up having to take a taxi from Piazzale Roma.