Notices

Venice - Academe Gallery

Feb 20th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Venice - Academe Gallery

I believe that the building works at the Academe gallery have now been completed, after about six years of construction.

Has anyone visited since the work was completed? Has it changed the amount of time that one might spend there? Are there new works on display?

I am trying to work out some sort of plan for a couple who will have a week to spend in Venice, and wondering if the Academe should be on the list.

Thanks
Feb 28th, 2014, 07:04 AM

Hi, yes I recently visited the Gallerie dell'Accademia and the work is completed. The museum is almost the same and I didn't notice new or different paintings. If the couple for which you are working is interest in Medieval and Renaissance art the Galleria is a 'must see', but if they are not maybe you can consider other places. The Gallerie are beautiful but the visit request a minimum of 2 hours. I usually advice a visit here to people that already have been in Venice or to people very interest in art. If you need other advices visit my blog, www.mariangelagallo.it, I hope it helps, bye!
Mar 3rd, 2014, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Mariangelato, I have enjoyed reading your blog. And the two walks in Venice are really well described.

Cheers

Peter

Search this Thread