Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Venice (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/venice-274355/)

Firelady Nov 19th, 2002 08:23 AM

Venice

I'm going to Venice during Carnival and I'm looking for places to stay. I'm considering renting an apartment or flat during this time. One place is THE WIDMANN handled by Casablu.it company. The other one I'm considering is SAN MARCO BIS handled by Veniceapartment.com. Has anyone either delt with these companies or rented these flats previously? I would welcome any comments or suggestions regarding accommodations. Thanks<BR>

elaine Nov 19th, 2002 08:46 AM

Hi<BR>if you do a search here for <BR>veniceapartment (or venice apartment) I believe you will find several past positive comments on that agency

Cheryl Nov 19th, 2002 04:15 PM

If you are interested in an apartment on the Guidecca (no middle person) let me know.<BR>I stay there all the time.I is a lovely small 1 bedromm with a sleeper sofa in the iving room

pat Jan 1st, 2003 06:48 AM

Hi, we used venicerentals.com in June for the second time.<BR>We were extremely pleased once again with them. We paid $150 for our apartment and we stayed 3 nights.<BR>Here is their contact info.<BR>The owner is American from Boston, her name is Denise. I forgot her husband's name but he is Venetian. Together they are an invaluable pair with googles of info. to help you when you arrive.<BR>venicerentals.com phone in Venice is:011390412769798.

pat Jan 2nd, 2003 02:58 AM

Message for glen of michigan, I got your email yesterday but my account is down again. Whenever I don't use hotmail for more than 30 days, they cancel me. I am signing up with aol now. I don't have an email at the dealership but I will phone you or give me your fax number and I can fax you. I can tell you that its better to get an apartment on the first or second floor. We had a problem with our stuff up 3 flights since you must do it yourself. Also, that apt. we were in was on the Frezzeria st. so close to s.marco there was no living room really. The bedrooms were really nice and each hadsinks in them but if you need a den,it was so tiny that you could barely fit more than 2 people in it. We didn't mind this since we were out all day but for some this could be a problem. We liked our 1st aprtment a bit more but the location wasn't as good. It was off of the asenale boat stop and we paid 125 dollars for it a night. it was only for 2 people though max.<BR>If anyone books due to my note here, please let them know because i get a free night for a referral. denise did ask me to write to any travel boards or to give her brochure to travel agents in my area. she had a written sheet upon our check in to give her feedback on our stay, if we liked our apt. and to help her spread the word, she offered discounts and free nights. this was not offered to us on our first visit but i think that tourism is hurting over there seeing from the very few people around. by the way, we ate at alla madona per her recommendation, kind of expensive, 60euro a head, but a good meal overall.<BR>