Notices

vegetatian restaurants in Paris or Rome?

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Glenda

vegetatian restaurants in Paris or Rome?

Does anyone know of any good vegetarian restaurants/not ethic/just vegetarian?
Not expensive/not cheap. Please only answer/not beat me up for my question. I want real responses/not nasty answers.

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:35 AM
x

Margutta in Rome, it's just around the corner from the Spanish Steps, on Via Margutta. But I think it's kinda expensive. As a vegetarian, I've always had plenty to choose from in any restaurant I've visited in Italy.

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Davidx

Eating - Vegetarian
Les Quatre et Une Saveurs - Rue du Cardinal-Lemoine 72 provided a very good meal. The main course is sufficient to relieve anything but a prodigious hunger - but if, like us, you go for the full menu once, go hungry as the portion of excellent tarte for the dessert is immense. We went two nights in a row but we did settle for one course the second time.
[Taken from my notes on a trip to Paris.]

Old May 18th, 2002, 12:53 PM
love paris

There are at least a dozen veggie restaurants in Paris. Do some research and find them!

Old May 18th, 2002, 03:08 PM
rb

Margutta is a good vegetarian restaurant on Via Margutta but I found that there was plenty of good choices in mostly all restaurants- We had great meals at Insalata Ricci near Piazza Argentina-good salad selections and great prices. Our favorite was the antipasti at Orso 80-just specify vegies only.Don't know about Paris but in Italy choices abound.

Old May 19th, 2002, 02:50 AM
kavey

Glenda
If the whole establishment doesn't have to be vegetarian then try any Creperie, easy to find.
They often have a large number of vegetarian options.
Kavey

Old May 19th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Julie

Check out the Sandra Gustafson Great Eats books. There's one for Paris and one for several cities in Italy including Rome. She includes vegetarian restaurant picks and mentions whether other restaurants have good vegetarian choices.