Vegan meals/restaurants in Frankfurt

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:54 PM
LE

Vegan meals/restaurants in Frankfurt

I will have a day long layover in Frankfurt in early May and would like to check out the city and grab a bite to eat. Does anyone know of any vegan meals (no meat/fish/dairy) that are common in Germany or maybe even a vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Frankfurt?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:30 PM
xx

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:32 PM
slacker

I would suggest the Oktoberhaus on the corner of Germany St. and Frankfurt St. They have the biggest, fattest, juiciest sausages in all Germany, or all Europe for that matter.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:31 AM
none

Hi LE,

I unfortunately don’t know of any strictly vegan restaurants in Frankfurt. However, I can suggest e2energy eatery. It’s a vegetarian restaurant located at Kaiserstraße 38, a short walk from the Hauptbahnhof. Alternatively, you may want to try a Thai or Indian restaurant. Jewel of India (Wilhelm-Hauff-Straße 5) is excellent. From the Hauptbahnhof, take the U-4 direction Bockenheimer Warte to the Messe (it’s only one stop). Rainbow Garden, a block from the Hauptbahnhof at Düsseldorfer Straße 1-7, has tasty Thai food despite the tacky interior. There’s also a juice bar in the Hauptwache subway station that’s quite popular. Enjoy your day in Frankfurt!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:36 AM
LE

Thanks! Thai or Indian food would be great! It will be interesting to see if they serve a Germanized version of it. I'm sure what I'm used to is probably Americanized.