Notices

Vatican Museums under the stars

Apr 13th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

Vatican Museums under the stars

I have a question about the Vatican Under the Stars visit. I am planning on going to this in May when it starts up and it says that for this event the Vatican is open from 7-11pm. I plan on booking a Vatican Group Tour conducted by an official Vatican Tour Guide through the official Vatican website and it says that the tour lasts 2 hours and it says that the first available slot for my wife and I to join their tour is at 8:15 pm. I know that the price for the tour includes the price for admission.

So here is my question:
-Can I enter the museum at 7pm and wander around until my tour starts at 8:15?
OR
-Do I have to show up at the Vatican at 8:15 for my tour to start?

The website isn't clear on this and I was wondering if anyone else here has experience with it. Thanks for your help!
Apr 13th, 2012, 09:19 PM

I visited the Vatican Under the Stars last June (albeit without a guided tour) and highly recommend it - so much less crowded than what I have read about normal daytime hours. I do not know the answer to your specific question; however, last year when I had a question that was not fully answered on the website, I e-mailed the Vatican museums via the address posted on the website. They responded promptly, in English, and answered my question completely. Good luck!
Apr 13th, 2012, 09:20 PM

I would try to go early, but usually tour groups have to meet just inside the entrance at the set time as they have to get headphones for everyone. The Vatican always starts heading people to the exits about an hour before closing. With such a late tour, I don't think you will have any free time after your tour if you want to look at anything not included in the tour.

I would just tell anyone at the entrance you wanted to visit a few areas before the tour starts.
Apr 13th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for both your quick replies...

MoonGirl, I was thinking of emailing that inbox, but I was thinking that they wouldn't be quick/maybe not very good English. (Sounds like quite the opposite haha) Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread