As we plan for our visit to Rome this April one place where the more we read the more confused we get about what to see is the Vatican.
The Vatican literature is huge and we feel intimidated to think what to skip and what to cover- surely cant see everything within just 1 day!
So wanted to ask you folks on how do we chalk out our day? What experiences/sights to go after in your opinion? Recommended resources to make the most of it - Vatican site wise Audio Guides/Walking Tours? We personally believe that Vatican might be overwhelming for us to really absorb rapidly and are tilting towards walking tours for the same- please advice if this is the something you will recommend too?
Also- have heard that queues in Vatican take up exorbitant amount of time....how do i beat this? Depending on what places in Vatican should i see how do i go about getting tickets for the same in advance?
Appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Browsing Barcelona
- 2 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 6 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 10 Croatia in mid/late October
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 13 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 14 Help with Venice Trip?
- 15 Dubrovnik
- 16 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 17 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 18 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 19 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 20 Norte Dame light show!
- 21 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 22 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 23 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 10 Days in Austria