Valencia or Segovia for a break

Old Aug 24th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valencia or Segovia for a break

I am planning a trip to Spain in the spring of 2009. We will be spending 5 days in Madrid and 5 days in Barcelona. I would like to take 2 or 3 days in between these two cities to explore Valencia or Segovia. What do you suggest? We are interested in something laid back. So what do you think? Segovia or Valencia? Thanks for the help.
Jo Jo
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM

Segovia is very atmospheric. It is a city of stone walls and cobblestone streets. It is has a lot of nooks and crannies to explore. If you are a foodie, the roast pig in Segovia is marvelous. Segovia is not nearly as big as Valencia.

Valencia is a beach city that now has a world-class opera house and aquarium. The thing I liked best about Valencia was the beach and going to the bars/cafes along the beach. It is definitely laid-back.
There is a market near the cathedral that is interesting.

Thingorjus
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM

Valencia is on the way so it would fit with your plans.

Segovia is only an hour from Madrid and can be done as a day trip - although I would suggest a couple of days there and using it as base for day trips to Avila and Pedraza, for example. Segovia is laid back, more so than Valencia, I think (I have never been to Valenica)

With your plans as stated, I think Valencia breaks up the trip more sensibly and gives you more variety.