Reload this Page >

Vacation Sex...then what in Positano

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 08:32 AM
John

My wife and I have the nightimes figured out, but any recommendations as to daytime activities or sites to see for four days in Positano area - without a car. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 09:45 AM
hehehe

Well, could you elaborate on your endurance? This will assist in recommending activities that would not hinder your nighttime activities.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 09:50 AM
steve

There's plenty to do if you manage to get out of bed... <BR>there's plenty of public transportion, and you can get everywhere. <BR>Take the boat to capri and spend a full day. Another possibility is Ischia. <BR>Take the bus to amalfi, and sorrento, and ravello and take the train to pompei. Visit Amalfi on market day. They have a great market, but I forget which day. That should fill 4 days.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 02:29 PM
John

Me again...endurance is what one can expect of a middle age man...that means I'll be getting a good nights sleep. <BR> <BR>Can you rent scooters (vespa's) in the Positano, Amailfi area???

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 04:41 AM
Kara

John, <BR> <BR>This is a TRAVEL forum. Nobody wants to hear about your middle-aged sex life.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 05:27 AM
KCJones

Kara, your repressive sex life has obviously transformed into a lack of tolerance for acceptance of people's creative ways to ask TRAVEL questions. <BR> <BR>To answer your ? John, I think you can rent scooters in Positano, but I don't have any first hand knowledge 'cause I wouldn't be caught dead (bad pun) on a scooter in Amalfi. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Stephanie

Sex life asside. A) No scooters, absolutelt not. Not only are the busses travelling in both directions nerveracking, but the Italians on scooters and cars passing the busses are enough to shoot your blood pressure even higher. B) Ravello IS great for a day. Check especially the main square and several really nice villas with astounding views & gardens. C) We were not thrilled with Amalfi, or Vietri. Positano also good for some really nice walks but bear in mind that walks mean more vertical feet covered than horizontal. When I say steps, I mean steps, stairs, staircases etc etc. D) We really loved the Penisola Sorrento and walked far out to the point at Campanella.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 10:06 AM
Gigi

I guess scrolling past all the "wants to get..." posts I did a double take when I saw (or thought I saw) <BR>Vatican Sex! That gave me a giggle that I wanted to share. <BR>

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 12:29 PM
steffanie

Ok someone told you NO scooters?? Scooters in Amalfi area are a must...we spent the whole day riding around and had a grand time... go to Capri...go to Pompeii... go to the beach... also hit the club Africa if you're into anything fun... it's in a cave and the dance floor is like an aquarium over the water...there is so much to do.. also sorrento is nice..paestum is close by..but a scooter (I think) is a must!

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Capo

Gigi, Re: "I did a double take when I saw (or thought I saw) Vatican Sex! That gave me a giggle that I wanted to share." <BR> <BR>*LOL*, thanks! Vatican Sex, I imagine, would be immaculate. :~) <BR> <BR>John, I'd definitely recommend a visit to Sorrento, on the north side of the peninsula, which you can get to by SITA bus. It has what we thought was a wonderful old town.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 03:58 PM
John

Thanks for all of the great replies. I also loved the Vatican Sex...I guess that was the precurser of the missionary position!