Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 24 days in Italy. It is now time to plan for next year in France. We will spend 10 days in Paris followed by 10 days in the Nice area. We will fly from Paris to Nice and have a rental car available for that portion of the trip. So the question is, 'Where to stay?" I have been looking for places just outside of Nice, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Menton and Mougins. I think that the car will allow a degree of freedom to travel the area and should be an asset as long as we are not staying in Nice(traffic, parking, etc). So, any thoughts?
By the way, the trip to Italy was fantastic. Four days in Rome, not enough time, 7 days in Praiano (Amalfi Coast). 7 days in Monticchiello (highlight of the trip) and finally a return to Florence for 4 days. Monticchiello is a gem that exists in a beautiful setting..the Val d'Orcia.
A last note, there are 3 restaurants in Monticchiello. IMHO the best in Taverna di Moranda which goes against most of the opinions on this site. Granted La Porta does have a nice view from the terrace (can be quite cool at night in mid-September) and is often very crowded. Moranda has a quiet atmosphere, is not as crowded, with unique setting and has very good food. We ate at both restaurants twice during our stay.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Yahoo! Alerts Passwords Reset Contact $ 1888~279 O246 $ Yahoo Tec*h
- 2 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 3 Driving
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 6 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 7 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 8 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 9 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 10 My France Vacation
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 13 Greece during Easter week or August
- 14 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 17 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 18 2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
- 19 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 20 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 21 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 22 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 23 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 24 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 25 Iceland driving in March
Hello Fellow Travelers