Reload this Page >

vacation in paris with 5 months old twins - looking for hotel or appartment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 04:23 AM
Ruth

We plan to go on vacation with our two babies in early September: they will be 5 months old . We decided on Paris because it is filled with gardens and parks and also museums (in case it rains). the problem is yo find a suitable sleeping arrangement - we need two cribs, microvawe oven, refrigerator, elevatoe, bath tub etc. any ideas????

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 04:40 AM
Larry Hartke

Greetings: <BR> <BR>I strongly urge that you wait until the babies are at least one year old and don't go overseas at all until then. I am not a doctor, but I have heard that babies immune systems are not fully developed until they are about a year old. If you have any doubts check with a doctor. Airplanes and foreign countries (even "civilized" Europe) are great places to get exposed to new germs and viruses, some of which are very dangerous to young children. Stay in the U.S. and drive to your vacation this year--go to Paris or overseas after they are at least a year old.--

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 06:25 AM
Elizabeth

As a mother of grown children, that SURE sounds like a lot of work to me. I'd just stay home for a couple of years unless going to the beach. I would DEFINATELY advise against it.

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 07:03 AM
Sara

As a mother of an almost three year old, I can definitely say that travelling with a kid requires a lot of planning. I also grew up in France, and I can tell you that Paris is NOT the most child friendly place to visit. I agree with the above postings that you should probably stay in the States until they are at least one year old; they would have all their vaccinations by then. We took my daughter when she was about two with us to Hawaii. Great resorts that are accomodating with children. Depending on where you live, club med also has several destinations with programs for little ones - I believe one provides care for kids three months and up. You might want to look into this option; that way your kids will be with you on your trip, but you and your husband will also be able to get some down time - believe me you will need it or you won't feel like you've had much of a vacation. And remember, you won't have all the conveniences that you do at home. You might also want to check your local bookstore - there are several travel guides out there for destinations with kids. Also, consider a direct flight wherever you go - we always purchased a seat for my daughter; I really can't imagine handling twins - I wish you a lot of luck!

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 11:41 AM
rose

As a married woman with no children (yet), you give me hope! We are visiting Paris early in September as well (before we have children). Everyone is always saying you can't travel easily with children, but hey, I'm sure that if you plan and prepare properly, you will be able to have a safe, successful and memorable trip with your children. Good Luck, and if Paris is the place you are dreaming about, don't worry too much about what others say. Do what makes you happy!

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 01:07 PM
L. Zeev

Hi, I do have an apartment in The Residence St. Germain ( an apartment hotel ) in the heart of the <BR>Latin quarter in paris , great place , great location. Its is available only from Aug 15th till <BR>Aug 22nd. It is a Sleep 4 apartment that includes <BR>1 bedroom , 1 salon, 1 small kitchen and 2 showers <BR>If you intrested , email me. <BR>Thank you.

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 07:36 AM
lynne

I have twins. I want to say that up front, and unless you need a vacation from resting, you should really think about this. I mean, if you have the resources to take two 5 month olds to Paris, surely you have the resources to find loving care for them, even if it's only for a four or five days, so you and your husband can have respite and romance---two very positive elements for a marraige. <BR>My twins are now 12. I learned early that there are physical principles of the universe that are best accepted, rather than fought: <BR> <BR>1. Parents of twins face challenges that are best described as relentless, so it's often a short trip to frazzled. <BR>2. Young children are extremely sensitive to changes in environment and stresses of travel. <BR>3. If you aim for your goal, you have a shot at success. <BR>4. Simple is good. <BR> <BR>Accepting these principles [and others], early, helped me come to the conclusion that: WE would be on THEIR program for a long time. <BR> <BR>That philosphy has helped me enjoy lots of vacation time with my kids [all three]. But, I never go as far as the movies if I'm not prepared to 'lose my money', and I'n not just talking about cash. I always use that metaphore for possibly having to give up *my* program, even if I *think* I've correctly calculated all of the steps in the giant algabreic equation necessary to pull off whatever vacation scheme I dreamed up. Many a vacation scheme has been rejected due to complexity. <BR> <BR>If you really want to go WITH the babies, my advice: start off small, slow, simple. You deserve to enjoy yourselves, but so do the kids. They don't really care about the Louvre right now. Someday they will. Kids don't do well on long flights, their ears hurt and they can't sleep as well, and then mom and dad arrive at the vacation destination wiped out. <BR> <BR>Go somewhere closer to home and concentrate on QUALITY for you and your kids. You can't give the proper attention to pleasure, if you're constantly having to stomp out fires. <BR> <BR>Babies love to swim, go to a hotel with a pool and room service. Bring a nanny and get two adjoining rooms. Tell the nanny that you and your husband are going out...and then stay in . <BR>

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 08:02 AM
dave

I would suggest leaving the twins at home and going on the trip yourselves. If this is not possible, I would suggest postponing the trip until the children are old enough to appreciate it, i.e., many years.