Vacation in December/February

Old Oct 8th, 1999, 11:14 AM
mara

Vacation in December/February

My husband and I would like to plan a 10 day vacation for early December of February. We are looking for a mild to warm climate with lots of interesting things to see and do. We are not interested in the Carribean or Mexico.
We would love to go to Europe. Are there any warm weather sites in Europe at that time of year. Other interests include: Africa, Hawaii, Costa Rica, or Australia.
Any thoughts on the above? Any further ideas?
Thank you!

Old Oct 8th, 1999, 12:49 PM
elvira

Morocco fits the bill (can't beat it for interesting things to see). Alternative is southern Spain.

If you do Morocco, skip Tangiers and go to Fez, Meknes, Marrakech and points south.

Old Oct 8th, 1999, 01:37 PM
Sheila

Cyprus is nice at that time of year. temperature in the 60s; need jumpers in the evenings. Lots to do and very few tourists.

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 04:54 PM
Tom

I travel to Europe every December. Tops on my list are Turkey and Italy (Rome and Tuscany). I have heard rather unpleasant reports from folks who have travelled to both in the "high" season -- oppressive heat and crowds. In the winter, it is you and the locals, few weather concerns (other than cloudy days), and off season prices.

Old Oct 13th, 1999, 12:42 AM
Myriam

If prefer some warmer locations, like The Gambia or Senegal in West Africa. Have been to Senegal this winter and it was just great, the local atmosphere, the people, and especially the weather. Bright sunshine from morning till evening.