In planning for our trip to Greece this week, I am tossing whether or not I should use my debit card for major purchases (i.e. hotels, car and some food) to prevent so many transactions fees as my credit union has very low fees. Or should I just withdraw a large amount of cash in the airport for the entire trip (2 weeks). I'm not big on carrying a lot of cash in my pocket and when traveling around the US I have always just used my credit card for purchases, but not sure about Europe. I have heard different stories and at this point, I'm seeking advice from the professionals as I am leaving in 2 days.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 more info: https://testosteronesboosterweb.com/erezan-xtreme/
- 2 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 3 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 4 Trans Siberian Train
- 5 Greece during Easter week or August
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 The World's Greatest Churches
- 10 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 My France Vacation
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 17 GTG Paris December 2017
- 18 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 19 London vacation rental agency
- 20 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 21 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 Iceland driving in March
- 24 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 25 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?