I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 2 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 3 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 4 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 5 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 8 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 9 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 10 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 11 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 17 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 18 Barcelona to Malaga
- 19 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 Christmas week in Ireland
- 22 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 23 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 24 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 25 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report