Reload this Page >

Useful site re hotels in France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 02:58 PM
Lesli

Currently doing research for a trip to Paris/Normandy/Brittany/Loire Valley, and stumbled across this site re accomodations: http://www.hotelswitch.com/index.php3?langue=gb <BR> <BR>Contains a wide range of properties, with lots of photos (exterior and interior), rates, ratings by various guidebooks, maps, etc. You can search by region, department, or town name. Info actually seems better for the more rural areas than for Paris, i.e., more charming accomodations rather than chain hotels. <BR> <BR>Of course, they would like for you to use their booking service, but personally, I prefer to call the hotels directly. (So no, I do not work in the travel industry.) <BR>

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 03:57 PM
buzz

Nobody asked for your unsolicited recommendations. Post your real life experiences to questions that are asked and you might start gaining some credibility.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 04:15 PM
Lesli

Buzz - Nobody asked YOU for your unwarranted hostility! (I'd reply to you directly, but of course you have used a false e-mail address....) My "real-life experience" is that I like to use the web to find info re hotels that are described in my guidebooks, so as to "see" them before I book. Perhaps others do too. <BR> <BR>I've received lots of great information (including links to useful websites) from friendly, helpful people on this forum, and am trying to return the favor. If you don't find a particular posting useful, why not just move on?

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 05:08 PM
get

Lesli, e-mail stalkers like you are the reason we all have to post incognito now. Get over yourself and try switching off the computer and getting outside for a change.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 07:28 PM
Kelley

Lesli...Best to ignore the Nasties and they will go away. They are starved for attention so let them find it elsewhere. Thank you so much for this site info I know it will be very useful for myself and others. Kelley

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 07:58 PM
Wendy

Just wanted to say thanks for the great link. I've added it to my growing collection from other folks on this site. I appreciate the time you took to post it, Lesli.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 04:28 AM
elaine

thanks Lesli

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 10:41 AM
Deena

Lesli- I will be taking a similar trip in September and I'm always on the lookout for good sites that can help me research the areas. Thanks for pointing out the website!

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 06:52 AM
charles henry

I don't know if this can interest you , but I'm welcoming guest in ma family chateau wich is located between loire and normandy.it's a 15 th century chateau and you can visit all the rooms on our new web site <BR>http://www.chateau-saintpaterne.com <BR> <BR>hope you will enjoy it !! <BR>charles henry