USA embassy in Europe

Old Nov 19th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA embassy in Europe

Hey guys! Me and my family would love to do a road trip to the USA in June-July 2022. Our plan is to visit a few national parks and drive along the coast with the camper van. 6-8 weeks in total. My question here is if someone knows any info about the USA embassies in Europe, how busy are they, and if it is possible to make an appointment these days?
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 06:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would ask the moderators to move this thread to the Europe Forum and change the title to "USA Embassies in Europe."
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 06:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You might want to mention your nationality as well, as it has a great deal to do with whether you qualify for a visa waiver, or will need to obtain one.
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 07:11 PM
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Jean View Post
I would ask the moderators to move this thread to the Europe Forum and change the title to "USA Embassies in Europe."
Done
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 08:26 PM
J62

Since this is about travel to the US, you might want to ask the moderator to move this back to the US Forum.
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 08:35 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by J62 View Post
Since this is about travel to the US, you might want to ask the moderator to move this back to the US Forum.
I disagree. The OP mentions a road trip, Nat'l parks, the coast . . . BUT the question is about embassies in Europe (I assume the OP wants to make an in person appointment for some reason)

When s/he has questions about their itinerary/pros & cons of a campervan/etc . . . that should be posts on the US board.
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 11:50 PM

You might also ask the moderator to tag the country you live in, and change the title to “US Embassy in _______ “ (fill in the name of the country).

Certain nationalities qualify for the Visa Waiver Program, where you apply for an ESTA online. If you don’t qualify for an ESTA due to your nationalities or some other reason, an appointment may take some time.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...r-program.html
Old Nov 20th, 2021, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by kirabess0062 View Post
Hey guys! Me and my family would love to do a road trip to the USA in June-July 2022. Our plan is to visit a few national parks and drive along the coast with the camper van. 6-8 weeks in total. My question here is if someone knows any info about the USA embassies in Europe, how busy are they, and if it is possible to make an appointment these days?
You need to do some research on entry requirements for the US which will be based on your nationality, which you have not revealed. If you are eligible for the visa waiver scheme, this can give you entry to the US for 3 months, at least that is the amount of time I have been given on my many visits to the US. If you are eligible, you need to follow the process in the above post to obtain your ESTA. If not eligible, then method for making appointments at consulates or embassies can vary from country to country and you might not need an appointment at all for a tourist visa for the US, again depending on your nationality and where you are applying from. Here is some info from the US Embassy in the UK as an example. You need to search for the same info based on your own nationality.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/touri...itor/overview/
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 08:20 AM

To answer your questions: they are very busy and yes, you can make appointments. That doesn't help much but you need to help us help you further.

What would be the purpose of your visit? We are assuming you need some travel document for entry to the USA.
What is your nationality? i,e, you will be using a passport of which nation?
What is your location? What country and town/city?

You can get a travel doc from a US consulate as well as the embassy. The embassy would be at a national capital but there may be consulates in other cities. For example, in Germany the embassy is in Berlin but there are consulates in 5 other German cities, You don't exactly go to the embassy for a visa, you go to the location of the consular department of the embassy.

You can find embassy and consulate locations here: Official list of embassies from the U.S. Department of State (usembassy.gov)

The following link can give you an idea of how long your wait time for a visa appointment would be: U.S. Visas (state.gov)

You type in the consulate city to get the wait time. For Frankfurt it is 18 days and for Munich it would be 9 days. For Krakow, Poland, it would be 44 days. Those times are for visitor visas. YMMV, of course, and I would be prepared for the wait time to be twice as long as what that webpage says but still hold out hope that it is accurate. You won't know until you contact the location to get an appointment,

Last edited by mrwunrfl; Nov 24th, 2021 at 08:25 AM.