I am a U.S. citizen who is retired and planning on buying a holiday house/flat somewhere in England. I would be going to England on a tourist visa.
My original plan was to buy a house in Liverpool. After all of the comments about having a holiday house in Liverpool, however, I decided that I want to buy a house or flat in London, since it probably has less crime. I do not want to rent a house/flat. I would like to buy one, since I can afford to buy. Since I can't get a mortgage in the UK because I'm not a resident, would paying for a house/flat in London (or anywhere else in England) using cash be a quicker process. How long would it take to to purchase a house/flat in cash in the UK.
I would only be able to come to the UK for at most 3 weeks, so if the buying process of the London property takes 4 weeks, would I have to be in the UK during to whole buying process, or could I be in the United States during the the beginning and/or end of the process. In other words, could the buying process be done on the phone/ and or internet?
Again, the London property would be used for holidays for 2-3 weeks per year.
I am really curious!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 5 Champagne Tours
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 8 10 Days in Austria
- 9 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 10 Le Marche Research Help
- 11 Help with Venice Trip?
- 12 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 13 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 16 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 17 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 18 Greece in end October
- 19 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 23 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 24 Favorite London memories
- 25 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip