Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

US Citizen: Milan to Toulouse Round Trip - Covid documents ??

Old Dec 27th, 2021, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am making a RT from Los Angeles to Milan in late Feb. While I am in Milan, I have to go to Toulouse for a short RT. Are there any Covid restrictions for US Citizens to travel within Europe after coming into Milan from US ??
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 09:13 PM

It's not citizenship based. The question is usually where have you been the last two weeks. Subject to change of course.

If you'll have been in Italy for two weeks prior to the trip to France you'll face the same rules locals do. If you've just arrived you'll face the same requirements of somebody flying directly to France from the US.

The only difference is who you'll be dealing with. Train ?
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Nick for the broad framework.

Tentatively, my dates are as follows:
Feb 19th land in Milan directly from Los Angeles via London Heathrow (Will have all the necessary Covid paperwork to enter Milan)
Feb 22 - Fly into Toulouse from Milan (3 days after I come to Milan) - What will Toulouse need ?
Feb 28 - Fly back to Milan (Still under the 14-days from the original date)
Mar 8th - Fly back to Los Angeles via LHR (Will do what it takes to comply with the US entry rules for Covid)

Since you seem to know the specifics !!

Old Dec 29th, 2021, 09:10 PM

For both your flights you'll be less than 14 days from leaving the US. You'll need whatever the tougher rule is between the US and either Italy or France. Likely the US rule. Assuming somebody notices .

At the moment it looks like the US is on the Amber list

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...ational-travel

You need to be vaccinated

But the way things are changing this could all be different by lunch. You've got a long time until your trip.
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info Nick.

Happy New Year and I dont want any more education on the greek alphabets .. lol
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 07:21 PM

Traveler_Nick can you please point me to the definition of "vaccinated"; i am having trouble finding precise requirements. thanks!
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 08:14 PM

https://www.dgc.gov.it/web/faq.html#infgen

https://www.dgc.gov.it/web/faq.html#pvaccinatestero

It's in Italian. I assume you mean for Italy but it'll be similar in France.

EU rules

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pres.../en/ip_21_6837

Fully vaccinated will be the full course. Either one dose of the JNJ or two of the other approved vacancies. The second Italian link lists the approved ones.
Old Jan 13th, 2022, 08:10 PM

thanks. i am trying to find specific boostering requirements since primary vaccination with these three you mention is no longer enough it seems
Old Jan 13th, 2022, 10:18 PM

At the moment there is no requirement for the booster. You can't even get the booster in Italy before five months have past.

The only issue would be if your first two doses are more than six months ago. At that point you'd need the booster to travel.
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 08:40 AM

weekend, it would be helpful if you were clearer on what country you are referring to and what your issue really is, etc. The US is now a red country, also.

France has booster requirements as of 1/15/22 but I think it's only to get their QR code health pass, not to enter the country. That pass just makes things easier in doing things. And then you are supposed to have a booster if it's been at least 7 months from your 2nd vaccination. And I'm talking adults, of course. If you were just entering France and staying with friends and not going anywhere, it wouldn't matter. But regardless of that, you should get boosted if it's been at least 6 months since your last just for your own and other's health. I got mine at almost 8 months by accident because originally they were talking in the US about it being 8 mo and I didn't realize they'd changed it. SInce I don't go out much or wasn't traveling, I'm actually glad I didn't get it at 6 months as now my booster will last longer.