US Air $265 R/T to Paris

Dec 7th, 2001, 04:13 AM
Harriett

US Air $265 R/T to Paris

That's from Pittsburgh, and it's for mid-January . . . but there are most likely similar fares from elsewhere. Info from their emailing:

US Airways is pleased to announce a special Paris E-Savers offer.

You may depart on Mondays to Thursdays, between January 14 and January 31, 2002. Return travel is Tuesdays to Fridays, between January 22 and February 8, 2002. Saturday night stay is required. Tickets must be purchased by December 13, 2001.

Dec 7th, 2001, 05:48 AM
Howard

Sure, you might find something cheaper. But that's a good price, and the restrictions seem to be minimal. Your time should be worth something, so why spend more of it trying to save a few dollars!

Dec 7th, 2001, 06:00 AM
Jen

The price is the same from Boston too.

Dec 7th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Rex

$285 from Columbus, and only $315 all the way from Los Angeles (I think that both of these are excluding taxes)

Best wishes,

Rex

Dec 7th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Christina

well, that is very very cheap, almost makes me want to go to Paris in January (the LA deal is incredible), even though I'm sure you have to add on $75-100 for taxes and fees. Not to be a party pooper but isn't this the airline who fired a bunch of people recently due to bad financial situation, and claimed they would go bankrupt if not allowed their merger with UAL(which they weren't)? I suspect they are trying to get a lot of cash into their hands before the end of the calendar year for accounting and investor reasons. That's not too far off, though, so I might take the gamble if I were interested.

Dec 7th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Ann

Christina-
Actually, getting the cash into their hands by the end of the year really doesn't do much good for US Airways, as it would be considered deferred revenue--they can't recognize it as income until the flight actually occurs, unless the airlines have some funky way of recognizing income.

Our accounting lesson for the day. And I'm sure someone will dispute this. It wouldn't be Fodor's if someone doesn't tell you you're wrong.