Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help-only a few seats left -- Condor Business class VS economy plus Luftansa

Urgent Help-only a few seats left -- Condor Business class VS economy plus Luftansa

Old Jul 17th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
i have very little time to confirm a reservation

Toronto to Frankfurt
Paris to Toronto

Condor business class is the same exact price as Luftansa premium economy class --- price wise

condor does not have a direct flight back from Paris
Lufthansa does but for a higher fair (making it the same price as condor business class)

the agent with lufthansa says the PE seats recline 130 but my travel agent says thats not true.

my son has an injured foot and needs to elevate it as I do.

which option is better...

the nightmare stories with condor canceling flights on people and dated seats and planes scare me .

Please LMK as soon as possible ... really appreciate your help.
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 12:36 PM

I don't fly either of these airlines. So my general thought is this:

It isn't just the flight you take, it's the flight they re-book you on if something goes wrong. Which airline flies more frequently to your destination? From what you are saying, it sounds like Lufthansa. So I would book that.

Also, are you stuck on your dates? Do you have to attend a wedding or your workplace isn't flexible on vacation dates? Because otherwise, maybe you want to gamble and wait. Post the dates of your trip here and others on this board wiser than me can help you find alternate routings or options.
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you , no just that's the time we have off from work.

i also have another option to leave from Buffalo to Frankfurt (change in Chicago) and France to Buffalo (change in Dulles), My hometown is Buffalo.
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 01:56 PM

Lilly I would take the Lufthansa flight out of Toronto; I have flown with Lufthansa fairly often as they are in Star Alliance with Air Canada which I usually use. Google Lufthansa Premium Economy seat recline to see some images of the seating and you can also look at Seat Guru which should come up with that search too.

If this is the same agent as the one you mentioned in your other thread I would stop listening to her immediately.

I like Lufthansa, have never had a problem and find their service to be really good.
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 10:05 AM

Sorry for the late response, you probably have booked by now. The Lufthansa Premium Economy is quite generous is space, widthwise and is wonderful for a PE offering. But the pitch is not deep enough to allow a full recline or to prop your leg up, I don't recall. I'm not familiar with Condor's business class product but their seat is not described as a true lie flat either, per seat guru.
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 03:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We have been over this with the OP already about how there is not enough room in PE to put a foot up unless the person is a dwarf.
Old Jul 22nd, 2018, 01:48 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
It sounds like Lufthansa Business Class is needed for a variety of reasons.
Old Jul 22nd, 2018, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone, Yes I already booked and it looks like some of you were right, found out PE does not have enough space to keep leg up elevated during the flight. My son is 11 Years old but 5 feet tall it didn't work out, I booked a flight out of the States which means flight change and a 2-3 hour layover at 1 stop. Not the direct I preferred but it was about 1/2 the price for the business class out of Buffalo vs. Toronto (not usually the case). So we are good with flights. Now I just have to figure out hotels, wheelchair/ scooter and tours with wheelchair.
P.s I have not been back to see or talk to that crazy travel agent. The people on this forum have been far more accurate and helpful. Thanks a million.