We were supposed to be on a flight from chicago to brussels last evening, and it got cancelled. Now, there is a chance that united (which I will never ever use again) is putting us on a flight to amsterdam tonight (after 24 hours lost) and there is no connecting flight from amsterdam to brussels within next 4 hours.
So, I am thinking about getting off in amsterdam and spending a day there and then drive to germany. Since the begining of our trip to bruges is already screwed, I may entirely skip belgium and rather spend two days between amsterdam and germany (near monschau).
Please help me find a hotel where I can stay with two young kids (two adults and two kids) for a night without going way over budgent (around 200 dollars max?) and something that's easily accesiable using public transportation. We land there on friday at 9 am, and will try to leave the next day around noon. We have rented a car starting satursday noon from the airport.
Since we were not going to amsterdam - i have not done any research on what to do and where to go. Please help me figure out how to spend about 24 hours there with two kids.
Many thanks in advance. I will be looking here for tip the mement I have access to internet.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 2 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 5 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 8 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 9 paris to london- day trip
- 10 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 15 Family vacation
- 16 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 17 South of France
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Tips for first trip to UK
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 which language school in Italy?
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Dubrovnik