Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Urgent Help For Honeymoon --Dubrovnik & Hvar or Koh Samui (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/urgent-help-for-honeymoon-dubrovnik-and-hvar-or-koh-samui-842816/)

otisabi74 Jun 1st, 2010 10:54 AM

Urgent Help For Honeymoon --Dubrovnik & Hvar or Koh Samui

We are in the stage of selecting our honeymoon at the moment. Our destination will either be Dunrovnik, and Hvar İsland in Dalmatian shores of Crotia. The other alternative is quite different Koh Samui. Regarding that our honeymoon will be during the dates June 26-July 2. Which alternative wolud be a better & more enjoyable for our honeymoon. PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR VİEWS & COMMNENTS. It is urgent and WILL DEFINITELY APPRECIATED...Thanks in advance( Ps. We will fly to our honeymoon destination from ISTANBUL)

krgystn Jun 1st, 2010 10:57 AM

For that short of a trip, go to Croatia.

julia_t Jun 1st, 2010 11:28 AM

Agreed with krgystn. From Istanbul it will only be a few hours to Croatia.

RayKrebs Jun 2nd, 2010 01:33 AM

I know the flight to Koh Samui is a lot longer, but Dubrovnik and Hvar will be pretty crowded in late June/early July. Is it possible to steal an extra couple of days to make the trip to Thailand worthwhile? I love the Croatian cost, but when I think of a relaxing beach honeymoon, Koh Samui definitely fits the bill.

otisabi74 Jun 2nd, 2010 03:04 AM

Dear RayKrebs and the others . How long do you think woul be sufficent to make the Thailand trip worthwhile. And which places / destinations should be included in such an itineary...Your HELP will very much be appreciated

bilboburgler Jun 2nd, 2010 03:27 AM

croatia

krgystn Jun 2nd, 2010 09:00 PM

at least 2 weeks for trip that far away. why do you have only those two very different places? (they are both great, but so very different.)

otisabi74 Jun 3rd, 2010 03:03 AM

So I guess rezerving 8-9 dyas for Koh Samui+Bangkok would make Thailand visit worthwhile. I believe that Koh Samui would fit more for a "relaxing beach honeymoon". Does anyone have any other suggestions than Koh Samui for relaxing beach honeymoon.?

julia_t Jun 3rd, 2010 03:18 AM

What about places like Kenya or Goa, the Seychelles or Maldives?

Much less of a problem with jetlag.

toni Feb 8th, 2011 11:54 PM

If you live in Istanbul, Koh Samui would be a really exotic destination for you for a honeymoon. You might get to Croatia at some other time since it is much closer. We live in Australia where lots of people holiday in Thailand (both my daughters went in January and I am going in September). To make it a relaxing honeymoon and not an excursion you would need two weeks, maybe 10 days in Koh Samui and three days in Bangkok. Between shopping and boat trips, snorkelling etc. you would also need "honeymoon" time. Having said that, am also going to Hvar next year and it looks like a great destination, very beautiful with lots to do and a good nightlife. Either would be great.

shishmish Feb 17th, 2011 02:44 PM

I would not go to Koh Samui during June - July as this is their rainy season, from what I was told....Hvar (or Dubrovnik perhaps...) seem much more appealing during that period. I would probably choose Dubrovnik, although Hvar has excellent beaches. Another great location in Croatia is Istria (Rovinj is lovely, and you can get day trips to Venice from there!)